Note:

If you're looking to comment on older posts, please click on the title of the post rather than using the expand and collapse [+/-] option as comment options are only available this way.
Google

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Marc Jacobs Leather Shopper

Marc Jacobs Leather Shopper

I’m sorry but Marc, for an established designer like you, this is totally unforgivable! What exactly were you thinking when you created this? I mean, if its from the Marc by Marc Jacobs collection, its more…excusable I suppose. But since this shopper is from the Marc Jacobs Collection now that, is totally inexcusable! This looks so amateurish compared to the stunners you’ve designed in the past!

Ok, I know this bag is called a ‘shopper’ but does it really have to look exactly like a paper bag that your purchases are bagged into?!? With Marc Jacobs spelt out in bold gold lettering smack in the middle (on both sides of the bag), I’m sure you ladies’ll agree with me that it looks exactly like a Marc Jacobs paper bag – all you have to do is to change the colours a bit to a white background and bold black ‘Marc Jacobs’ lettering instead of gold and there you have it. The only difference is that this bag is made of leather. Quite a big difference compared to paper eh? NOT! Especially when it looks like this.

Ok, if you guys don’t already agree with me on this one, check out the interior.



If you look carefully, you’ll see that the shoulder straps are braided and then knotted and tied on the interior of the bag so the straps are fastened. Again, tell me, how is this different from your MJ paper bag that your purchases are put into? If you guys didn’t agree with me before, I’m pretty sure you’ll agree with me now!

Bagaholic Babe is dumbfounded…

1 Fetishes Unleashed!:

Andrea Chooi said...

I totally agree! It's ugly BEYOND belief!